Glass has been a key component of home design for style and function for thousands of years. The versatility of glass is such that nearly every single modern home constructed utilizes glass in some way, shape, or form. But there’s no need to settle for simply including glass window panes and calling it good. Whether it’s in the interior or exterior, accentuating your home with glass is a great way to invite light, show creativity, and convey a truly modern sense of style in your home. We picked a few of our favorite ways to utilize glass below:
Photo Credit: Trendir.com
- Glass tables, chairs, bookcases, and more are unique choices that deliver a clear message in your home: you mean business.
- If you work from home often, a glass table is an excellent accent to add a hint of professionalism to the home office.
- Glass shelving can be used to keep a space feeling open and light, while still maximizing function.
Creative Window Glass
Photo Credit: Freshome.com
- Whether your climate is arid or humid, snowy or rainy, there’s a glass style that fits your home.
- Multi-paned glass not only is tougher but provides enough protection from the elements to make it worthy of full-wall usage in some homes.
- Embracing open glass windows and walls is a great step, but adding glass features throughout a room can help enhance the sense of openness and promote a sense of natural lighting.
- Stained glass needn’t be the purview of Gothic architecture alone. A well-placed stained glass insert can completely transform the lighting and aesthetic of an otherwise unremarkable interior.
Photo Credit: HomeDIT.com
- A glass table or window is all well and good, but sometimes your space needs more, or has limitations on what can be done.
- Stepping stones, candle-holders, and light fixtures are just a few ways to use glass in the periphery of your home to shed light and attention onto the parts of your home you’d like focus on.
- Feeling particularly bold? Glass items with multi-chromatic finishes can shed lights of various colors, delivering just the right vibe for the moment.
Sea Glass/Beach Glass
Photo Credit: LovelyGreens.com
- Whether lakeside in Idaho or on the beach in Santa Monica, the experience of living surrounded by water is unique in all its forms. But a dash of seaside flair can be added to any home.
- In some cases the best ways to evoke the spirit of waterfront living is with sea glass accents.
- From a DIY sea glass-filled candle jar to a letterpress tray display of color, or even a faux-stained glass window styling to play with lighting effects, sea glass is a fun accent that can bring a theme all the way home.
This post originally appeared on the Windermere.com blog.